Somehow we landed ourselves a Nobel Peace Prize! I mean close enough. The Sunshine Blogger Award recognizes bloggers who add value, inspiration and positivity into the blogging world. I would like to thank notquitetaylormade.com for taking the time to read this bizarre blog. She’s hilarious and always has something to make all my long bus rides to work much more exciting.
Surprisingly, we’ve both put a ton of time and effort into this blog. At the risk of sounding like a little chicken liver, it’s massively exciting to have someone recognize that and enjoy the content we put out. It fills my heart with little warm fuzzies, baby toes, paychecks and all the other happy things in this world. Thanks a million Taylor!
The Sunshine Blogger Award works like this:
1. Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog
Let’s get to it babies!
1. If you ever had to rename your blog what would you call it?
M&P: When we chose the name it was some how a toss up between:
We’re into anything that makes us laugh and if we could change it, we’d probably go with goodtimesonly. It’s a little less conspicuous than highlordsonly and also everyone should only have 1000% good times and never bad times.
2. Where oh where do you find blogging inspo and what inspired you to begin blogging at all?
M: I find inspiration in stand-up, funny bloggers and travel wins and travel disasters. Also just life, I grew up in a super secluded area of the States (or maybe I’m just dumb) so everything around the world is a huge shock to me. I was stunned to learn people thought in different languages. Everyday I learn something new and I want to write about it.
-I’ve started so many blogs, YT channels, podcasts and lemonade stands in my life. But only gotten as far as picking a name and making a banner because I’m lazy, scared of social interaction and so inept with computers I save everything to the desktop. Finally I found someone to do the hard part for me and who shared my sick sense of humor and adventure. I had to do something to keep her, right?*
P: I get inspiration just from the dumb stuff Morgan and I do together**. We just had an obnoxious 12 hour bus journey to somewhere 2 hours away and drank beer and laughed the entire way, so we wrote about it. So hopefully people can have a laugh with us and not make the same mistakes.
Also in hearing how other people want to travel too. Showing them that if two numb-nuts with student loans totaling over $85,000USD can bop around the world, you can too.
-I started blogging because I think I have something to share with the world. I started a YT channel way back in the day and the banner had red cats and that’s about as far as I got. I realized my creative potential was extremely lacking, which meshes well with Morgans insanity and creativity.
If it was up to me I’d have a background with pink-purple and neon green zebra-wagons and a cursor with a rainbow tail. Morgan would have the website in maintenance mode 24/7. Watching her do anything on the computer is very exhausting. We work super well together and have opposite skills, why have that go to waste?
* no homo
**not together, together
3. Have you ever visited and/or would like to visit my koala filled country aka Australia?
M: There’s a place in this world that calls barbecues “sausage sizzles”, and that place is Australia. I want to be at a sausage sizzle today and everyday after that forever.
But actually yes, both of us are applying for a work visa to Sausage-Sizzle-land and plan to be there sometime next year!
P: Lazy tree dogs? I’m there.
4. What is something that makes you smile?
M: Dog farts
P: A nice boiling hot cup of coffee
5. If you could guest blog or help create content on anyone’s blog other than your own shoes would it be and why?
P: There’s only person that comes to mind and I don’t want them anywhere near my blog. So I’ll take a rain check on this one.
6. Favourite series to binge watch and/or read of all time?
M: Court trials
P: Harry Potter any day
7. You leave your phone in a coffee shop never to be seen again … Are you stressing for the next 3 days or enjoying a break from the outside world?
P: Just laugh and buy another one at some point
8. If you were a breakfast food what would you be?
M: Cold, leftover scrambled eggs
P: A nice bowl of upma
9. Do you have any major goals or exciting news in regards to your blog on 2018?
M: Prachi and I are separating for 6 months. God save the blog.
But really, we have a podcast coming soon and also hope to come out with pins because I want to wear exclusively my own merch.
P: We’re getting a new theme soon? And a new logo! Finally! and pins, I’m very excited about the pins.
10. What is something most people don’t know about you?
M: Every Friday I have a Friday-Night-Freakout. What it entails is for you to guess.
P: I read sensual novels on an app called Radish.
11. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy?
M: Stealing snacks from peoples houses
P: Teen Wolf
1. What’s the inspiration behind your blog and why does it make you happy?
2. What’s one thing you hate about blogging? A plugin? Self-promotion? Carpal tunnel?
3. You can invent a country, what’s it called and what’s the national dish?
4. What’s the most insane thing you’ve done for blog content? Or if you had unlimited funds, what’s the first thing you’re doing for content?
5. What’s your favorite Gordon Ramsay quote?
6. When going on a trip, what’s the one thing that will cause you inner turmoil if you leave it behind?
7. What song would you poof out of existence if you could?
8. What’s the biggest hurdle you’ve had to overcome since starting your blog?
9. I have a lot of nightmares. Describe the worst nightmare you’ve ever had. Dissect it!
10. You’ve recently come into a lot of money and bought an airline. What do you name it?
11. How has blogging changed your life?